After a Disaster: Mold Clean Up
Restoring your home after disaster can be difficult. That difficulty can be compounded if it includes cleaning up mold. HUD has created a video to help consumers understand how to clean mold after a disaster. This video the 10 mold remediation steps:
- Wear protective clothing and use a respirator.
- Isolate moldy areas.
- Remove porous moldy materials.
- Clean and disinfect.
- Consider a borate treatment.
- Flush the air.
- Speed dry.
- Remain on mold alert.
- Do not restore until dry.
- Consider restoring with flood resistant materials.
Ten Steps to Mold Clean Up