Skip to main content

NC State Extension

Carbon Monoxide

Illustration depicting a sign with a Carbon Monoxide concept.

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide (Co) is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas. While you can’t see or smell it, breathing high concentrations of it can kill you and your loved ones within minutes. Even at low levels, carbon monoxide can make you sick. For more information, see the publications below.

Written By

Sarah Kirby, N.C. Cooperative ExtensionDr. Sarah KirbyState Program Leader for Family & Consumer Sciences & Professor Call Dr. Sarah E-mail Dr. Sarah Agricultural & Human Sciences
NC State Extension, NC State University
Page Last Updated: 5 years ago
Was the information on this page helpful? Yes check No close